• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

About marrying and illegal citizen...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Armyflyboy

OK I am in the military and I need to know military wise and California wise what do I need to do if I wanna marry a girl who is of age and so am I,if she is not a legal U.S. resident,she does live in California.She is formally from Elsalvador.I am not tryin to get into trouble through the state of California or through the military...Scott

A

Armyflyboy

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by usdeeper:
What visa is she currently on ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>SHE SNUCK IN FROM MEXICO NO VISA

A

Armyflyboy

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Armyflyboy:
OK I am in the military and I need to know military wise and California wise what do I need to do if I wanna marry a girl who is of age and so am I,if she is not a legal U.S. resident,she does live in California.She is formally from Elsalvador.I am not tryin to get into trouble through the state of California or through the military...Scott<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>SHE IS ON NO VISA SHE SNUCK IN THROUGH MEXICO

U

usdeeper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Armyflyboy:
SHE IS ON NO VISA SHE SNUCK IN THROUGH MEXICO
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In which case you need an immigration attorney as she will not be able to adjust status to become a legal resident. It is the one time that someone in the US can not adjust from a nonresident visa to a resident visa. Also, chances are you may get into trouble also.

If there is no record of her entering the US, then have her return and then file for a K1 fiance visa.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">