• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

copyright?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CindyL10

What is the name of your state? NH

I have a message board on line and we often copy articles and post them along with the original url to the article. I thought this was legal, but I was just told that it isn't...that I supposedly also have to get the authors permission. Is that true????

This is exactly what they said:
You do realize it is illegal to copy entire articles from the internet even if you add the url at the bottom?. You can quote a peace of the article and a url referencing it, but not the entire article without permission from the author.

HomeGuru

CindyL10 said:
What is the name of your state? NH

I have a message board on line and we often copy articles and post them along with the original url to the article. I thought this was legal, but I was just told that it isn't...that I supposedly also have to get the authors permission. Is that true????

This is exactly what they said:
**A: what do they mean by " you can quote a peace of the article?"
Does that mean the article can't be about war?

divgradcurl

Yes.

If you post the whole article, it is copyright infringement, even if you add the URL or otherwise give credit to the author.

K

krispenstpeter

I'll have a peace of that article with Jalapenos on the side ;)

CindyL10

Thank you so much! I'll keep my posts under the 500 word limits then....way under, LOL and just send people to the url to read the rest!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">