• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my email address against policy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

founder

What is the name of your state? NC

I am an independent consultant for Creative Memories (CM). My email begins with creatememories@. The company is now asking that I change my email address because they say I'm going against their trademark policies. However, I say that I am not. Creative and create are two different words. AND, I am in fact selling their products it is not like I'm in competition with them. I have had this email address for over a year. Can anyone even imagine what heck I will go through if I have to change my email address? It would take me an entire weekend to update all the places that my address is listed. ugh! They have threatened to deactivate me if I don't change it ... do I have any choice?

I will have to get all new business materials, too!

Thanks for any help!
M.:confused:

K

krispenstpeter

It's close enough to make a case of infringement.

As to the trouble you'll go through to change everything, you should have thought about that BEFORE using their name ( or a deriviative thereof) .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">