• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP! COURT TOMORROW

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rosebud63

i'VE BEEN SUBPOENED TO APPEAR IN COURT TOMMORROW. THEY WANT $8,000.00 IN BACK SUPPORT! I DON'T HAVE IT. THEY WANT MY WHOLE LIFE ON PAPER. I DON'T HAVE IT! THEY SAY THEY WILL HOLD ME "IN CONTEMPT" AND PUT ME IN JAIL. I PAY MY SUPPORT NOW AND WILL HAVE THE $8,000.OO WITHIN A MONTH FRO AN INHERITANCE.
CAN I POSTPONE THIS HEARING? OR WHAT
HELP

LegalBeagle

You go to the court and explain WHY you missed CS payments, WHY you are 8k in arrears and then give a detailed plan on how you are going to pay it. If you can show some proof that you will have the money in a month and will pay the lot off, then the court will likely set another hearing for 6 weeks time. If at that date you have not paid, not more excuses, you will go to jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">