• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The child's best interests...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Iris

My boyfriend (a minor) is treated like... crap... by his step father and mother. The biological father is unknown. His grandmother is willing and able to assume custody, but there are obvious inpediments to that. The parents don't want to give up custody.
The child is not abused, at least not physically. He is, however, emotioanlly/ mentally....scarred by his whole experience. I understand this is hard to prove in court.
However, there is a much more clear issue: that of neglect. The child does not have walls. Or a bed, and this situation is not how he wants it.
This isn't even the half of it.
We live in Florida. I would appreciate some input on how the haws are written, and what can be done.
Thank you.

Iris

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">