• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unfair treatment in N.C.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bmjmk767

Hi, I live in N.C. When my divorce was final I got custody of our children with their father getting visitation with the stipulation that he move into approiate housing so my daughter did not have to sleep with her brother, this was to be done before summer vacation. this still has not been done and i want to stop his visitation , but i do not want to be in contempt. Also i was living with my boyfriend for one year and the judge ordered me to move out or get married or i would lose custody of my 13 yr old daughter, buy not my 2 sons . well after this divorce i will not be forced into marriage. i feel this is in violation of my civil rights and i want to know if there is something i can do about this sitution., or if any one else in N. C. has had this happen to them. I have looked to see if there is a law about cohabitation in this state but i couldnt find one. please help

U

usdeeper

DO NOT go against a court order. Regardless of whether it was right or wrong it would only take a small amount of effort for you to be back in court and your children gone if you have ignored this judge.

Personally I believe this to be totally wrong but can not tell you if he has the power to do so. The problem is that in the event he made that decision, the appeal process is costly.

If your ex has not followed through with his court order then drag him back and have visitation changed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">