• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

exwife filing abuse charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wrongfullyaccused

After returning from his summer visitation with his mother, my son 12, broke into two of my neighbors homes. I made him write letters of apollogy, personally apologize to them, and spanked him ONCE with a wooden paddle on his buttocks. After his punishment, he showed me his rear and the paddle had left a bruise. It was not my intentions to bruise my son, but for him to realize the severity of the crime he had committed against our neighbors. We (meaning my wife, and two sons, and myself) discussed the punishment after dinner and asked my son if he felt that the punishment fit the crime. His reply was that it did and that grounding him did not work. Five days later he returned to visit his mom for another week and upon calling to arrange his return she said she would not be returning him, that she had filed child abuse charges against me and that papers were in the mail. I have since received an EMERGENCY PETITION FOR MODIFICATION OF CUSTODY. An Illinois judge has granted her temporary custody until a this matter can be heard in court. I have had primary physical custody for more than three years and my son has done well in my care. I need advice, I want my son back!!! He has been in my care because his mom is a very unstable person (proven in our first custody battle). I have contacted 3 different lawyers in Illinois and the minimum retainer is $10,000! There has got to be other means to stop this ridiculous nightmare and return my son home.

U

usdeeper

You are contacting the wrong attorneys. You can find one who will only require $1500 at the most for a retainer. This is a simple case of defending your action in court and proving why she does not have custody in the first place. Document everything and get out all your old papers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">