• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving with expired lisence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kiliansk

What is the name of your state? Texas.
I was in an auto accident an gave the officer that came to the scene all my information. I gave the officer my driver's licsence and he took all the personal information need for the report from it. When the officer was done he said I could leave the scene and go home. I got into a car with someone else driving, at this time I still did not know about the expired licsence, and went home. After I arrived home and was going into my home, on private propert, the office pulled up and proceeded to write me a ticket for no driver's licsence. The information on the ticket was for the scene of the accident. Can the officer do this or was he trying to save his own self for not doing a coplete job? He did not follow me home, he just showed up after we were going into our home?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kiliansk said:
What is the name of your state? Texas.
I was in an auto accident an gave the officer that came to the scene all my information. I gave the officer my driver's licsence and he took all the personal information need for the report from it. When the officer was done he said I could leave the scene and go home. I got into a car with someone else driving, at this time I still did not know about the expired licsence, and went home. After I arrived home and was going into my home, on private propert, the office pulled up and proceeded to write me a ticket for no driver's licsence. The information on the ticket was for the scene of the accident. Can the officer do this or was he trying to save his own self for not doing a coplete job? He did not follow me home, he just showed up after we were going into our home?

My response:

Of course he can "do this". What makes you think he can't?

IAAL

lwpat

"Can the officer do this or was he trying to save his own self for not doing a coplete job?"

I don't follow your logic. The officer did do a complete job. When he ran your license and was informed it was expired, he issued you a citation. Sometimes the system is down or it is busy and it takes awhile for the information to be processed. Or perhaps he did not notice the expiration date at the time. It really doesn't matter.

Renew your license and go talk to the judge. If it is just an oversight on renewing then they may just dismiss the ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">