• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

returning to maiden name after divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DonnaLoo

In NY state, can I legally return to my previous name simply by notifying pertinent parties, after my divorce becomes final?

D

Dyann

In Georgia - I learned after the fact, that the request to return to maiden name should be in the divorce papers, otherwise you have to go through a legal name change - meaning you pay an attorney to file the paper in court and you pay to have the notice put in the local paper for 4 weeks.

D

Dyann

In Georgia - I learned after the fact, that the request to return to maiden name should be in the divorce papers, otherwise you have to go through a legal name change - meaning you pay an attorney to file the paper in court and you pay to have the notice put in the local paper for 4 weeks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">