• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CHILD SUPPORT MODIFICATION DUE TO UNEMPLOYMENT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SANLUISOBISPO

I AM CURRENTLY UNEMPLOYED AND NOT RECEIVING ANY FURTHER UNEMPLOYMENT CHECKS FROM THE STATE.

I HAVE REQUESTED THAT THE AMOUNT OF $505.00 PER MONTH FOR CHILD SUPPORT BE MODIFIED DUE TO THIS. OR AT LEAST UNTIL I AM IN A BETTER FINANCIAL POSITION TO CONTINUE THE ORIGINAL MONTHLY CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENTS.

DO I HAVE ANY LEGAL GROUNDS TO DO THIS ON A TEMPORARY LEVEL. I HAVE NO FUNDS WHATSOEVER AND I WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO BORROW SOME MONEY IN ORDER TO PAY THE CHILD SUPPORT BUT I DO NOT THINK I CAN AFFORD THAT HIGH PAYMENT AT THE PRESENT TIME.

PLEASE ADVISE

GREATLY APPRECIATED

GOD BLESS

U

usdeeper

It depends on the reason why you are unemployed. If you quit, you have no chance to modify.. if you just plain lost your job through no fault of your own, then yes, you can get it modified.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">