• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

14 +yrs., 2 kids, stretch marks & no papers?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

berly3

My significant other and I have been together for over 14 years. About 3 years ago we seperated for a short time. In that time we filed for custody. We have shared and he has physical. About 6 months after court we reconciled. We have been back together ever since. Not letting me forget about the past arrangement, he says I have no legal right to sign any paper work on my own regarding the children. I need to know if this is true, he says that I'm going to get myself into trouble. (ie. Signing emergency cards at school, papers at the doctors office enrolling them in activities, opening up bank accounts.) I don't know why I would. And more importantly the question I'm asking: Is that contract still binding even though we're living together with the children in the same house, but have not filed any paper work to change the custody agreement to where we both have equal joint custody? Please if there's anything for me to do I would appreciate the help.

W

wendyt

You both had shared custody which means they should have put in the papers that you are also entitled to decisions about school, medical, etc. My fiance has physical custody and his ex still has the right to matters dealing with the child.

U

usdeeper

You have EVERY right... Curious though, is he telling you this in a concerned way or he is threatening you and trying to control things.. If you are back together why not get the order nulled ?

B

berly3

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by usdeeper:
You have EVERY right... Curious though, is he telling you this in a concerned way or he is threatening you and trying to control things.. If you are back together why not get the order nulled ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Control--always. How do I get it nulled?

U

usdeeper

If he is like this.. why stay ??

Anyway, no idea about the nulled part cos never been involved in one. Call a few local attorneys and ask, they generally give a few minutes free consultation..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">