• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can we use ex parte? Please HElp!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ronnie

My husband had to travel to the east to get his children for a court ordered visitation. Mom refused to send them. Law enforcement had to assist him.

We now have the children. Court order says they are to stay until August 30th. She wants them back on August 20th before their school starts on AUgust 24th.

Question: Can we keep them until August 30th? I am a certificated elementary teacher and I currently teach the grade level they will enter?

We want to seek custody on these grounds: 1) children are below grade level in school
2) Mom has consistently violated court ordered visitations over the past 3 years.
3) Mom is living with a man, unmarried, and is pregnant with his child.
4) Children have been consistent bedwetters. They are 9 years old. When we send them back the problem is alleviated, but when they return it is there again.

Can we get an ex parte motion to keep them here until we can file our motion? We want the court date to be before August 20th or the 24th.

We have also filed a contempt charge against the mom for violation of the visitation order. The date of that trial is August 30th.'

Please help us!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">