• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied Transport theft/loss claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

59beah

What is the name of your state? Ga

In need best advice on filing small claims suit. I have a denied claim for theft/loss of $4,500 of owned product from a transport carrier. Shipment did not have inventory/packing list attached. I owned all product that was in posession of 3rd party service company who did work for me. All product was left over parts being returned to me after 3rd party completed work for me. Product was packed by the 3rd party and contracted with Carrier "A" who originated shipment from Col. inspect pallet before shipping. Pallet transfered in Ok. to Carrier "B" and then delivered to me in Ga. I paid freight bill collect to Carrier "B". Theft/loss is believed to have occured in transit. Carrier "A" has verified that pallet arrived to me repacked in manner other than shipped by them per pictures supplied by me taken at acceptance and during opening/inventory. Carrier "B" has branch office in Ga and home office in AL. Claim filed with Carrier "B" per requirements and denied for various documented reasons other than per claim filing requirements. Small claims court in county of Carrier "B" branch office and requires naming local agent. Not sure how to get local agent name and sourcing out info on corporation. I want to avoid improper filing of suit and maybe having case transfered to AL. Does Carrier "A" have liability, what about 3rd party who packed crate?

BL

Who do/did you have insurance with ?

Who did/does there carriers have insurance with ?

Denied for various reasons ?

Ahh they think your trying to run a scam ???

Ck the local Agency that licenses business. See what name the registrant is .

59beah

There was no ins. taken by the 3rd party as he sent pallet c.o.d to me without telling me. 3rd party has acknowledged he had all missing parts prior to shiping.

Neither carrier is telling anything about ins. They have quit responding.

Carrier "B" denied claim due to me accepting shipment with no non issues; they do not use the type of shrink wrap that was on the pallet when re-wrapped- the original shrink wrap had been very carefully put back on; there was a mixture of old and new product on the pallet and they had no inventory list with shipment.

Scam---- neither carrier wants to admit to a theft as of this size.

I've found all info to file small claim suit in correct co. of Ga. but I need statement of shiping from the 3rd party and carrier "A" who inspected the package, neither who is helping.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">