• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Better than any soap opera!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kathleen00

1yr ago 14 yr old child elected to live with dad. Tried it didn't like it, now wants to come home. Ex agreed to allow him to return home BUT has put in his own stipulations. Wants to pay less than $400 monthly for child support for FOUR children, also wants to be cleared of child support arrearage, to the tune of 8 grand. Desperate to get family reunited, but have to pay the bills when we are! We are under a temporary order right now, attorney wants me to call ex's bluff, and refile another petition since I have already been given the arrearage charges in court and substantially more child support a month. Don't know what to do. Advice would be greatly appreciated!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kathleen00:
1yr ago 14 yr old child elected to live with dad. Tried it didn't like it, now wants to come home. Ex agreed to allow him to return home BUT has put in his own stipulations. Wants to pay less than $400 monthly for child support for FOUR children, also wants to be cleared of child support arrearage, to the tune of 8 grand. Desperate to get family reunited, but have to pay the bills when we are! We are under a temporary order right now, attorney wants me to call ex's bluff, and refile another petition since I have already been given the arrearage charges in court and substantially more child support a month. Don't know what to do. Advice would be greatly appreciated! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

This is a "No-Brainer". Your attorney is absolutely 100%, hands down, without a doubt, correct. If your ex wants to push the issue, he'll be held in contempt of court, and your child will testify in the judge's chambers, and get to come home. Your ex will be spending about a week in jail, AND STILL be obligated to pay you. Do it, and do it now. For what your ex owes you, it's well worth the attorney's fees.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited August 16, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">