• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tangible result of an idea

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Q

questor

What is the name of your state? sc

I need some advice on copyright infringement. I am a lay person
researching copyright information and trademark information.
I have read that an intangible idea may not be copyrighted.

An example: Someone puts up a web site and claims ownership to of space dust and gets a trademark and copyright for this web site that sells space dust

The intangible idea..selling spacedust. The tangible result...the trademark,copyright of web site and deeds
of ownership.

I have a similar intangile idea...to sell space dust for example.
I put up a web site also. The web address is spacerocks.com
The original had the name of spacedust.com
I copyright my site spacerocks.com also.
I trademark my website also and use the name in my trademarked logo.
I do not copy and html or words from the site that sells space dust.
I deside i want to sell space dust also. What would keep me from doing this? I call it space powder. Would this be a copyright
infringement? I also copyright my deeds which are completely
different from the original sites deeds of ownership of space dust.

These are similar ideas. I have read you can't copyright an idea but you can copy right a tangible result. Am I ok if I do this?
Please help if you can. I need an answer from someone who is
more up on these legal questions.
If not what would be legal?

Q

questor

Yes but I needed some clarification. But I see I got none. Your answer is no satisfactory at all to my latest question. Why? I guess you feel like to have all ready answred it. But they way you answered my latest question is a little arrogant. Remember I
did not ask YOU for a specific answer I am asking anyone with the time and knowledge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">