• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who pays for clothes?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bobo

I pay full child support for my daughter. My ex-wife has sole leagal custody and my daughter lives with her mother full time. My ex-wife claims that I should be paying half of my daughters expenses (in addition to the child support that I pay). I'm not talking about medical expenses, I'm talking about clothes, shoes, toiletry items, etc. She has even told my daughter that I should be paying half of her school clothes. I disagree and thought that child suport was for the needs of the children (which includes clothes.) We live in Arizona. Who is right?

U

usdeeper

You are... that is what child support is for. Unless it say you are liable for these items in the court order, then all you have to do is pay child support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">