• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Road Rage Incident?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Am I At Risk?

California

Today I was informed by a police sergeant that he will forward my case to the DA for review.

A month ago, I was cut off by merging motorist, from the right turn lane, who almost forced me into oncoming traffic. In order to scold the other driver, I followed the other car for 5 min when he pulled into a driveway, backed out and headed back toward me. When he entered the driveway, I was centered in the street and when he backed out, I pulled my van back right to trap him from moving forward. When he pulled alongside, I rolled down my window. He kept his window up, so I got out and knocked on his window to scold him about putting me at risk. He backed up, accelerated toward me and stopped inches away. I got mad and pounded on his hood. He backed up, turned around and drove off. I followed for another 5 minutes and finally pulled alongside where I let him know he was an idiot for putting me, other motorists, his wife and his two small children at risk.

The officer says two witnesses (he and his wife) both say I shouted that I was going to kick his #@$% and I “pounded” on his window. The officer identified no other witnesses. Based on that and because I followed this driver, got out of my car and followed again, the officer will forward the complaint to the DA's office for review. He will recommend that I be charged with vandalism and threatening another.

Both I and the other driver are middle age males(45-55).

How bad am I at risk? What actions do you recommend I take? This occurred in Santa Barbara County.

Shay-Pari'e

Am I At Risk? said:
California

Today I was informed by a police sergeant that he will forward my case to the DA for review.

A month ago, I was cut off by merging motorist, from the right turn lane, who almost forced me into oncoming traffic. In order to scold the other driver, I followed the other car for 5 min when he pulled into a driveway, backed out and headed back toward me. When he entered the driveway, I was centered in the street and when he backed out, I pulled my van back right to trap him from moving forward. When he pulled alongside, I rolled down my window. He kept his window up, so I got out and knocked on his window to scold him about putting me at risk. He backed up, accelerated toward me and stopped inches away. I got mad and pounded on his hood. He backed up, turned around and drove off. I followed for another 5 minutes and finally pulled alongside where I let him know he was an idiot for putting me, other motorists, his wife and his two small children at risk.

The officer says two witnesses (he and his wife) both say I shouted that I was going to kick his #@$% and I “pounded” on his window. The officer identified no other witnesses. Based on that and because I followed this driver, got out of my car and followed again, the officer will forward the complaint to the DA's office for review. He will recommend that I be charged with vandalism and threatening another.

Both I and the other driver are middle age males(45-55).

How bad am I at risk? What actions do you recommend I take? This occurred in Santa Barbara County.

I deal with one of the worst traffic problems in CA on a daily basis. Did you have nothing better to do that day? I'm serious, we as people in CA know and are aware of the traffic situation and we choose to deal with it.

If you had followed me home for cutting you off, (On accident of course), and I had children with me, you bet I would file charges against you.

You pounded on his hood, yet only knocked on his window once you got to his house?

You "ARE" a risk, I suggest some anger management, and stay off the freeway for a bit. If this was forwarded to the DA, you can keep track of wether you will be charged with anything by getting your case # and calling the DA's office, untill then, nothing as you don't know of any charges.

Please note, that this could be in the system at the DA for weeks or months before a DA decides there is enough proof to charge you, or dismiss it.

K

krispenstpeter

Or shot and left to die in the street.

Take your pick. It IS California after all.

dequeendistress

krispenstpeter said:
Or shot and left to die in the street.

Take your pick. It IS California after all.
Esp. if you pick or had picked the "wrong" driver to pursue to their home/destination. What would you have done had they pulled out a bat or other weapon...My guess...

Bled.

A

Am I At Risk?

Re: Re: Road Rage Incident?

I did have other things better to do that day. But I felt it was worth a few minutes of my time to scold the other driver if it prevented a recurrence with someone else.

I don't know if I ever got to his house. I knocked on his window to talk to him ........I had gotten out of my car to show him I had no weapon nor am I a physical threat........I just wanted to talk to him. I only pounded on his hood as a gut reaction after he tried to run me over.

I saw that his wife was berating him after his illegal merger. She was yelling and hitting him while he drove away after almost running me over.

I don't consider myself an anger risk. I don't have a history of any type of violence. More importantly, I don't believe fighting will solve anything. But I'm open to the perception that Anger Management classes are recommended.

Thanks for the info on District Atty operations.

How do I find out if my return call to the police was recorded?

How can I find out if any other complaints againts me have been registered with the local police, sheriff's or highway patrol offices?

How do I found out if the police have located other witnesses?

Shay-Pari'e

Re: Re: Re: Road Rage Incident?

Am I At Risk? said:
I did have other things better to do that day. But I felt it was worth a few minutes of my time to scold the other driver if it prevented a recurrence with someone else.

I don't know if I ever got to his house. I knocked on his window to talk to him ........I had gotten out of my car to show him I had no weapon nor am I a physical threat........I just wanted to talk to him. I only pounded on his hood as a gut reaction after he tried to run me over.

I saw that his wife was berating him after his illegal merger. She was yelling and hitting him while he drove away after almost running me over.

I don't consider myself an anger risk. I don't have a history of any type of violence. More importantly, I don't believe fighting will solve anything. But I'm open to the perception that Anger Management classes are recommended.

Thanks for the info on District Atty operations.

How do I find out if my return call to the police was recorded?

How can I find out if any other complaints againts me have been registered with the local police, sheriff's or highway patrol offices?

How do I found out if the police have located other witnesses?

Look, you do not get it. Unless you have pretty lights on the roof of your car that go round and round, you have no right to "SCOLD" anyone.

What you do on a CA freeway when someone is driving like a idiot, putting people at risk, is

1. Back off from vehical.
2. Take plate number down.
3. Get on your cell and call the CHP.

What you did was put that family at risk, and yourself.

I was nice when I responded to you, and I have to deal with CA traffic in the A.M., so if anyone wants to take this on, I am done.

PS, move to Boise Idaho.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">