• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

precious_del

Well I don't know what to do. I have a 10month old son and his father and I are no longer together. He gives me financial assistance (so far since son's birth about $1000) I was told that if I decided to file for child support now, that it would be to late since I waited so long and since his father has been giving me money. I don't know if this is true or not. I really don't want to file for child support because I don't believe in it. I take care of him by myself. AN advice as to what I should do? One other thing is that his dad is thinking about moving to another state (Hawaii). Which state rules would apply if I did file? I'm in AZ. thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by precious_del:
Well I don't know what to do. I have a 10month old son and his father and I are no longer together. He gives me financial assistance (so far since son's birth about $1000) I was told that if I decided to file for child support now, that it would be to late since I waited so long and since his father has been giving me money. I don't know if this is true or not. I really don't want to file for child support because I don't believe in it. I take care of him by myself. AN advice as to what I should do? One other thing is that his dad is thinking about moving to another state (Hawaii). Which state rules would apply if I did file? I'm in AZ. thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Well, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. In other words, if you "don't believe in child support" then we can't do anything for you, or to convince you to obtain it. We're not in the business of "convincing." When you want to start "believing", then let us know.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">