• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any Suggestions.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

r14834

What is the name of your state? : NC

Hello,
Mid 2001 I was given two tickets, in two different counties. One for speeding "45 in a 35". One for passing on a double marked lane. Both of which I have valid excuses for, but regardless. I've got the tickets. Soon there after my mother lost her job "construction engineer" due to the failing economy after the 9.11 attacks. I stubbornly failed to appear to the local ticket, knowing I wouldn't have the money to pay them. The second was quite a distance "3 hours from my house" and I wasn't in a situation where I could afford the gas to get there and back. I later received a letter in the mail stating that my license would be revoked for two failure to appears. I complied and surrendered my license to the local DMV. Since then I have been saving up for what I imagine will be a large amount of money due to the courts before I have the slightest chance of getting my license back "guesstimating possibly 600 for court costs, ect". Now that I am financially able to pursue obtaining my license I was wondering what the best way to go about doing it is, what I may expect, what I need to have, ect. I have contacted the local DA's office and the receptionist is of no help to me "says I must reschedule with both courts and deal with it then" but I'd like to be prepared. I am still not financially "stable" so if I need to plan ahead in any aspect, most importantly finances. I would greatly appreciate any heads up and how-to's. I have read a great deal of posts on this forum, and have noticed that a majority of return posters are completely useless and just belittle those seeking help. I'm only here asking for help on my matter. Not you're opinion on why my license should remain revoked, or that I'm a bad person, ect ect ect . I greatly appreciate any valid information. Thank You.

n_and

Post was edited to get rid of information supplied. The 'return posters' you are speaking of are the most helpful, and only belittle idiots.

Since you made that comment, now you're an idiot, too. (especially since you are unble to figure out how to do this yourself.)

Last edited:
R

r14834

n_and said:
Post was edited to get rid of information supplied. The 'return posters' you are speaking of are the most helpful, and only belittle idiots.

Since you made that comment, now you're an idiot, too. (especially since you are unble to figure out how to do this yourself.)
Well I was about to thank you for a speedy and helpfull response. But it seems that you have changed your post/mind. I already knew what you've said to me, and to correct you, there is no department of "operations" as you suggested. I have already spoken with many on this subject, and they have all told me the exact opposite of what you've suggested. I meant no harm in my statement. I meant to those who come to post unusefull information to gain "post rating" and to belittle others, that it was not needed or appreciated here. Thanks for you're help first hand, although it was not helpfull.

R

Ramoth

The DA's receptionist already gave you the answer you need.

n_and

OPERATIONS CONTROL, dumbass. That is the division of the DMV that is responsible for suspended licenses. If you are going to quote me do it correctly.

I have already spoken with many on this subject, and they have all told me the exact opposite of what you've suggested
Then why'd you come here?

R

r14834

n_and said:
OPERATIONS CONTROL, dumbass. That is the division of the DMV that is responsible for suspended licenses. If you are going to quote me do it correctly.

Then why'd you come here?
I came here for suggestions and heads up information. Operations Control is no devision that my DMV/HWP has ever heard of "Dumbass" ...... If you're going to help me, do it correctly.

Ramoth : Thank you, I had figured so, just wanted to make sure there wernt any curve balls coming my way & if there we're any easier steps, appreciated.

n_and

Fine.

And when you go to pay your fines off and are directed to do it either a] in the court, to operations control, or b] go to the operations control building, then head over to the DMV to pay your license renewal fee, just picture me laughing uproariously at you with my middle finger waving up and down. The DMV does NOT accept payments for your fine, nor does a courtroom.

Just remember, I'm not the loser who is to poor to pay for GAS to get to court, nor am I the loser who refuses to acknowledge that I have a traffic ticket. So watch who you're calling dumbass.

lwpat

Of course you first mistake was in getting the tickets, the second in just ignoring them. Most judges will take your economic conditions into account and work out a payment plan or allow you to supplement the fine with community service.

Take each situation one at a time. Call the clerk of the court nearest you and simply explain your situation. She will tell you if you can pay a fine or if you will have to appear. Once you take care of this one then do the same with the other. Be sure that each court gives you a release to present to the DMV. They should forward it but you need a copy for your records in case they don't.

Once you are clear with the courts pay a personal visit to the DMV with your paperwork and let them explain the procedure to reinstate your license.

Your comments were uncalled for. If you have to go in front of a judge your attitude will not be appreciated. Learn some manners if you want assistance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">