• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparent's Rights in Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mimmie01

I live in Georgia. Is there anything I can do to stop my daughter from placing her child up for adoption when he/she is born? I am more than willing/able to raise the child myself, in fact, I be devistated if the baby was given away. Also, is there legal support I could obtain thru any kind of grant. I make enough wages to provide for my family, but not enough to provide for attorney's fees. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

U

usdeeper

Is the father of the child in agreement to the adoption ?

S

sstlwst

No, the biological father is not in agreement to the adoption either, but my daughter is willing to lie and not place his name on the birth certificate and say that she doesn't know who the father is.

U

usdeeper

Then the father can EASILY stop it. Up here in MI we has a big case where the father did not know of the child until 4 years AFTER it had been adopted. He went to court and after a battle, got the child.

I really do not think she can adopt anyway by just not putting him on the b/c .. If you have proof that she intends to do this, then either you, or the father should file for full custody. Have it ready to be filed the moment the baby is born.

There must be other factors involved if she would rather adopt than pass the child to other family members or the father.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">