• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

This is kinda weird but...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Diabolus

What is the name of your state? NJ..

I got a ticket when I was in Washington DC on a trip with friends. I wrote them to have it appealed via mail, and they came back to me saying that I was still at fault and I had to pay it. They did not tell me, however, where to pay the ticket, who to make a check out to, or anything like that. I sent a follow-up letter to the same address I got the notice from, and recieve no reply.

This was many months ago, if not a year ago. The ticket was negligble, and I was willing to pay for it, something like $70 for turning on red (which I did not, but anyways I am not driving to DC to appeal it).

The question is... what do I do? I sent the letter and rather forgot about it, and figured they'd send me a bill, or something. Nothing came, and that's why it was out of my mind. I am still willing to pay for it... I just don't know what to do, and I don't know whether I'll have a warrant on my name for this.

Any advice? Thanks!

Diabolus

dequeendistress said:
Do you still have a copy of the citation?
No, it's been long missplaced. They took about 2 months to get back to me that I was even guilty of the offense... and then when I sent back the letter to find out where to send the money... there hasn't been a reply yet.

Any ideas on what might happen or what I should do?

dequeendistress

You probably have a contempt charge due to non appearance and non payment...probably a warrant too...which if you call the locality in which the ticket was issued you can take care of this by paying the fines...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">