• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can ex's live together

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jfmcs

My fiance's ex-husband has "sole custody" of their 5 yr old. After giving her 1 hrs notice he was leaving state, he moves away, leaving her torn apart and later marries someone in another state. Less than a year, he treats the other woman like he did her and she kicks him out. He then tells my fiance if she wants to move in with him and her son so they can raise him together, for her to move there. She does, and while he is in the process of getting a divorce from current wife, is engaged to another woman. He uses my fiance's son as "mental blackmail" against her and she is scared he will take off for good this time if she tries to do anything legal to keep him from running again. She is happy to be with her son after he kept her away for almost 2 yrs. Isn't there something she can do to get at least partial custody and keep him from running away with the boy?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Basically, you need to get a formal child custody order. If one is already in place, may I suggest bringing a motion to amend based on the ex's abusive methods.

Read the child custody section by going to freeadvice.com and clicking on child custody.

Hope this helps.

J

jfmcs

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lawrat:
I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Basically, you need to get a formal child custody order. If one is already in place, may I suggest bringing a motion to amend based on the ex's abusive methods.

Read the child custody section by going to freeadvice.com and clicking on child custody.

Hope this helps.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks...I'll do that!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">