• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Models and Contracts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mjrall

I am starting a new modeling agency. When recruiting new talent, I would like to use a name that will be oblivious to my real name. Would legal documents be all right with just the company name or will my real name have to be printed on all docs?

divgradcurl

As long as you have registered as a DBA or have some other business organization formed (LLC or corporation, for example) then you can use the company name, or whatever DBA name you want.

M

mjrall

So for any legal documents, a business name is the only thing that is needed? But how does it work for the signiture? Does the company sign the name? Doesn't there have to be a person's name on the paper with a 'X' by it for initials?

divgradcurl

Whoever is an agent for the DBA can sign for the DBA. If I am doing business as ACME Consulting, and I hire John Doe and authorize him to obligate the DBA, then he can sign for the DBA.

JETX

One suggestion (and valid to ANYONE considering business requiring LEGAL processes), spend the few bucks it will take to talk with a local attorney. This is a BUSINESS you are talking about and the repercussions if you try to 'go cheap' is clear.... you get a cheap product and possibly a large liability.

M

mjrall

divgradcurl: If nobody is working for me, I cannot do this then?

divgradcurl

JETX gave you the best advice:

"One suggestion (and valid to ANYONE considering business requiring LEGAL processes), spend the few bucks it will take to talk with a local attorney. This is a BUSINESS you are talking about and the repercussions if you try to 'go cheap' is clear.... you get a cheap product and possibly a large liability."

Your local municipality may also have a small business advisor that you can talk with to find out what he local rules are if you don't want to talk with an attorney -- but an attorney is your best bet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">