• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

soon to be mom needs divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

elizabethh

my husband and i have been separated for over 2 years, I just left one day and have only seen him a couple of times since. Neither of us ever bothered to get a divorce. I am now pregnant and not in a position financially to spend a lot of money on a divorce and since I have not spoken to him in so long, i do not know yet if he will be willing to pay for it. My question is, are there any legal complications to having a baby with someone while still legally married to someon else. I.E. If I ever need to get child support, putting the fathers name on the birth certificate, baby's last name (and probably some things I haven't even thought of yet)?

U

usdeeper

No, there are no complications with the new baby or the new father.

P

pete

Realy NOT Bright, leave one guy and get PG and no money...i guess you would be Jenny Jones material...

No money for a divorce so you get pregnant. nice going....

My parents would disown me If I went out with women like you.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by elizabethh:
my husband and i have been separated for over 2 years, I just left one day and have only seen him a couple of times since. Neither of us ever bothered to get a divorce. I am now pregnant and not in a position financially to spend a lot of money on a divorce and since I have not spoken to him in so long, i do not know yet if he will be willing to pay for it. My question is, are there any legal complications to having a baby with someone while still legally married to someon else. I.E. If I ever need to get child support, putting the fathers name on the birth certificate, baby's last name (and probably some things I haven't even thought of yet)?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

E

elizabethh

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pete:
Realy NOT Bright, leave one guy and get PG and no money...i guess you would be Jenny Jones material...

No money for a divorce so you get pregnant. nice going....

My parents would disown me If I went out with women like you.

Maybe your judmental parents should have taught you if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all, or maybe they should have taught you not to judge a person until you have walked in their shoes, or maybe you need to get your head out of your ass and realize it takes a lot of different types of people to make the world go 'round and you are NOT the center of it and have no right to judge others.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">