• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing Objection to a Motion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LekiaHall

Maryland.

I'm a Pro Se litigant in a civil case. In March, our case was brought before a certain Judge. Certain evidence I wanted admitted was not and the Def moved for Judgment. Instead of ruling on Judgment, the Judge returned all documents, continued the case and advised me to get an attorney. For economical reasons, I've decided to continue Pro Se (I have consulted with several attorneys and done LOTS of research). Well, today, I receive a Motion from the Def requesting the same Judge (case has been set before new Judge) and I'd like to object. I feel that my decision to go against his suggestion and continue Pro Se will not endear me to the Judge and could possibly hurt me and make him tougher on me. One of the reasons that the Def's attorney gave to have the same Judge is that I'd testified and evidence was admitted. This is not true. Although, I introduced evidence, nothing was officially entered (I retained all records..Judge kept nothing) and the Def gave NO testimony in defense of my allegations. Based on this info, what are valid reasons for objecting to same Judge? I'd like to mail my objection ASAP.

Thanks so much for all input. It's truly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">