• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Doc367

Is there any legal course of action I can take to keep a 23 year old married woman away from my 16 year old newphew? I have asked this woman to not allow my newphew into her home but she doesn't listen. Other teenage boys also go to her home and she has even allowed them to get drunk. The police do nothing and her husband is stationed overseas and can not be reached. What can I do? My sister-in-law is at her wits. I would be greatful for any advice you would offer. Thank you.

MySonsMom

If you know children are there, and you suspect something going on..Call the police and have them check it out. That's the only thing I can think of..I'm not sure if you can put a restraining order on someone if you don't suspect danger..Maybe so..I'm not sure. If that were my child, I would restrict him from going there, and if he did he would get punished. (which I'm sure your sisters already done.) Good luck!

------------------
~MySonsMom~

D

Doc367

We have contacted the police and reported that there have been teenagers there drinking. We have also reported the fact that the 23 year old woman leaves her 4 year old daughter and 16 month old baby in the care of a 6 year old child and leaves them outside all day. Social Services will do nothing unless the police file a report which they do not. We have restricted the 16 year old from going over to the woman's apartment, but they sneak out and stillgo there and the woman just closes her curtans and allows the boy to hide in her house. If I say anything directly to the woman she threatens to file harrasment charges. I have found out today that the maintenance worker at the apartment are finding used condoms outside the woman's apartment now. I don't know if they are from my newphew or not because the woman has convinced him that we are his enemy and we don't know what is right for him. There has to be something legal I can do to stop her from coming into contact with him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">