• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Request for default denied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MDLWR

What is the name of your state?** California *1 party dropped from the lawsuit w/prejudice. (attorney did not oppose motion) remaining defendant never answered. 2 requests for default denied due to improper service and suing company as an LLC when it is not. (The mistakes were made by my first attorney) The attorney of record wants to continue entering the requests although I have sent a written request against it. The complaint is filled with problems which now she admits should be amended although did not when retained. I let her know I realized that my first attorney falsely stated that I reside in the county where suit was filed and questioned whether this could also damage my position. she only replied that she hopes for default. She was unaware of any procedure that would allow the release w/pred. to be appealed until I learned of a 473 and later read the court rules online showing ample opportunities to oppose even if she was not prepared in court. I am hoping to close my case and have both parties released with prej. and wonder if the fact that the motion was not answered although there were cause to fight. Since the case is in the wrong court, would this effect the judges order?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">