• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure about the legal terms of my question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KJ

I have a 3 year old daughter and she has the same last name as her father. The problem is that he wants nothing to do with her. We were never married, nor has he ever paid child support on her. I would like to know if anyone out there has any idea on how I could go about changing her last name to the same as mine.(Legal terms I mean). The state gave me child support for about 3 months and that was it. But that is not the problem. I can support her myself. I work a full 40 hour week. If he wants nothing to do with her then I am not going to force him to see her. My fiance is a great father figure for her.

L

ldelagra

Have you considered having your financee adopt her once you are married? That would change her name and force her father make the decision to either be her father or sign off parental rights. (It also means that you could never ask him for child support beyond the 3 years he currently owes.)

L

ldelagra

Have you considered having your financee adopt her once you are married? That would change her name and force her father make the decision to either be her father or sign off parental rights. (It also means that you could never ask him for child support beyond the 3 years he currently owes.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">