• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongly done by the dept.of family children services!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

drowning

i was recently accused of child abuse aftere giving my son aspanking and he turned and got poped once on his side,leaving one red not black and blue mark on him which he showed school officals the next day.DFCS sent an investigator who told us she would do an 30 day investigation.She concluded that she was going to make it a confirmed case of abuse and an ongoing case on the 4 day of this investigation because she said she didn't like our attitude and because we asked for one day to ask someone rather we had to take psycological exams,which she said was being uncoroperative.We went to the psycologiacals and he talked to my wife for 30 minutes and me for an hour and never met our kids.He concluded that the kids needed to be removed because when asked if we had to change absolutely everything about how we parented then would we..and we responded that we would not change everything because we had done plenty of things right but we would be willing top learn new ways.He said "The fact that we would not say we would not change everything showed we put our ego's ahead of our kids welfare and recomended they be removed"We have since had a second psycological by a different guy who was very through and he did talk to the kids and has determined that the whole thing was a a big mistake.How can i make the state pay for the emotional and psycologiacal damage they inflicked on my faily and my children when they uprooted them from a loving enviroment and thrust them in the system and never even proved any of the charges against me or my wife because they could'nt and because they din't even try?

L

ldelagra

I'm sorry to tell you that I seriously doubt that there is any way that you can sue the child protective services on this one. Their legal mandate is to investigate every report of possible abuse even if they, themselves, don't believe that the accusation is true. They are protected against charges for doing their job. However, you can certainly call the director of the agency to report the lousy treatment you feel you've received. And, even more effectively, contact your local legislators (County Board of Supervisors or whatever they are called in your state) to complain. The Child Services Agency gets part of their funding from local government and they get real nervous when called into question by local government. At that point the situation will be investigated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">