• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bullies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Miss Jae

I live in texas and i go to plano west senior high. To the point now.. this one day i went to class early and one of my classmates comes in and i turn around to say hello,and then out of nowhere the door to my class opens and i hear a loud burst of laughter. i didnt think anything of it, until it came again the next day, and the next and the next. so finally i got tired of it and wanted to see if it was me they were laughing at. Instead of going to that particular class early like i usually do, i went after the bell rang. and while i was coming around the corner one of the dudes who usually laugh when they see me in class was running back to his other friends class saying here she goes here she goes and the other boys are just laughing their butts off. well i found out what they have been saying about me,and instead of plotting revenge and keying their cars and all tha other stuff i have thought up i want to know if i have a case to sue them for mental suffering. i try to skip days in school to avoid being picked at, my grades have slipped, and im always tardy to class now, and i have thought of committing suicide. so is this substantial enough evidence to even think of suing?

HomeGuru

Have you talked to the school outreach counselor and/or your parents about this situation? Maybe you need your parents to have a meeting with the school principal. Hang in there, there are various options to help you.

Shay-Pari'e

HomeGuru said:
Have you talked to the school outreach counselor and/or your parents about this situation? Maybe you need your parents to have a meeting with the school principal. Hang in there, there are various options to help you.

I do not know your situation, or what these kids are laughing at you for, you really did not explain that. People can be cruel.

That said, I would ask you to really sit your parents down and explain the suicidal thoughts you are having. This is serious if you are feeling this way.

I cannot direct you, only give my "Free Advice", and that is to come clean with your folks about your thoughts of harming yourself.

M

Miss Jae

stick to the question that im asking

Im not worried about the suicide mess..im asking if i have a case to sue these folks for mental suffering,etc....
do i have a case or no?

and to the person who asked what they are laughing at me about, i have no idea really i try to avoid them and yet they still find me.

again i ask...case or no case for suing?

Shay-Pari'e

Re: stick to the question that im asking

Miss Jae said:
Im not worried about the suicide mess..im asking if i have a case to sue these folks for mental suffering,etc....
do i have a case or no?

and to the person who asked what they are laughing at me about, i have no idea really i try to avoid them and yet they still find me.

again i ask...case or no case for suing?

OK, as long as you are not worried about the suicide "Mess". Tell you what, stick to a question and leave out the fact you have thought of killing yourself, and I am sure someone will answer that question. Till then, that seems a tad bit more important.

Last edited:
K

krispenstpeter

You have no case for suing anyone.

Learn to deal with it because there are jerks born every day.

enjay

Miss Jae, you need to give the school a chance to rectify the situation. If they are unaware of the problems, they can't correct them. Enlist your parents and speak to the guidance councelors at your school.

At this point, you have no case. People are laughing at you. It's hard, and it hurts, but it happens and counseling will help you realize that it's their problem and not yours.

If you go to the school, and the situation escalates into MUCH more than it is now, and the school does nothing to help you, THEN your parents can consider a lawsuit against the school.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">