• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost Personal Belongings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kaymen

I live in Tennessee but i'm pretty sure I'm going to have to file in Georgia if I actually have a case. A few months ago my uncle and I were staying with his ex-stepdaughter and her fiancee in Jackson, GA. We were looking for work but not having much luck, so we decided to come back to Nashville, TN. In order to do this we had to leave most of our possessions in Georgia because we were living out of my car when we got here. That lasted two weeks before we were able to get into a motel. When we tried to contact them to set up a time to get the rest of our belongings, we were told that they were gone. I would like to try to get some sort of monetary compensation for my things that were basically thrown in the trash. There was a verbal agreement when we left that we could keep our things there as long as necessary but to make sure we called to let them know before we came to pick them up. We let them know how to contact us when we got settled here in case something came up nd we had to get our things sooner than expected. The reason it has taken this long to get back to GA is because my car died (I have since replaced it) and my uncle needed to get a car for himself. I need to know if I have any case, what I need to do to take action, and what the most likely results are. Total monetary for my belongings is estimated at $1200. I'm planning a trip there this weekend so fast and accurate advice would be greatly appreciated.

BL

Accurate :

Can you prove the worth of your belongings , and what belongings you had.

Estimates don't count in Court, unless you have Proof , and the Estimates are what they are at the time of loss.

Be prepared for a Counter suit for unpaid rent .

You will say there was no verbal agreement.They will say there was.

What could be worth $1200.00 that was in a car,that you 2 were sleeping in ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">