• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DIRTYS_TROUBLE

What is the name of your state? TX
How do I go about finding out what exactly is on my record? Would I need to do some state N.C.I.C. paperwork or can I call my local police station? Do all arrests show up regarless if I was charged or not? I know I have a hot check, a theft under $20 and I was arrested for another crime but released 2 days and charges were dropped. I need to know if that it on there. It could explain why I am not getting any job offers. I even had to change my vo-tech course becuase I was told I would have a hard time counseling at-risk youth kids with a hot check and theft under $20 on my record...

dequeendistress

There is not a "nationwide" criminal records search open to the public. The NCIC, which functions as a nationwide database of criminal records, is restricted access.
Most Criminal records searches are done on the local county level by accessing the records at the county Criminalhouse. Nineteen states permit access in the private sector of Criminal conviction records from state repositories. Texas is one, that is if this is the state in which you received the charge.

D

DIRTYS_TROUBLE

finding info on my record

So what exactly do I do now?

dequeendistress

For a copy of your own criminal history, you can send the following to the DPS Crime Records Service:

1.A written request including: your first, middle and last names; any other names you may have used
in the past; your gender, race and date of birth; your Social Security number, and your return address.
2.A legible sets of fingerprints submitted on DPS approved forms. Such forms are available at all
Texas police and sheriff’s departments, which usually provide fingerprinting services as well.
3.A check or money order for $15. You may pay with cash if you visit DPS’ Austin headquarters in
person.
You can mail your request to DPS Crime Records Service, P.O. Box 15999, Austin, TX 78761-5999, or deliver it in person to 5805 N. Lamar, Building G, Austin, TX 78752. Any criminal history information about you found in the DPS database will be returned to you with your fingerprint card. If no criminal record is found, a notation to that effect will be marked on your returned fingerprint card.
If after reviewing your DPS criminal history record you believe it contains an error, please contact DPS Crime Records at the above address or call at (512) 424-2079.

~~From the Texas DPS website...

D

DIRTYS_TROUBLE

website

Thanks, I found it and I guess I should be doing that really soon.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">