• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child we didn't know about

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

whitsix

my husband and i just found out he has a 7 year old son from before we were together. the son lives in indiana and we are in california. the mother said she doesn't want the child to have contact with us and the courts said it was too late in his life to introduce a father. they said the only way to visit him is to go to indiana for 2 months every summer. that would mean leaving our three children to do that. my husband wants the child to decide for himself when he grows up if he wants to know him. HOW CAN HE SIGN AWAY RIGHTS TO THE CHILD? that way if she ever gets married he can be adopted by someone who will be in his life regularly. what is the porceedure and what all does it do? help court is in 2 days

MySonsMom

Normally when there is no one to adopt the child they will not allow termination of parental rights. Good luck and let us know the outcome of your hearing.

------------------
~MySonsMom~

J

JessicaArlyn

Wow, we are in similar sit.!! We are in CA, too, by you, and my SD is in IN, too. We just had her here for the summer, and things went well. Her mom wants us to be in her life, even though it was a one night stand, so we will pay support. DH goes to court Aug. 30 in IN. We have three kids, too! Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you want to vent about anything!!!
Jessica/CA

A

amwilder

How does he know that this child is really his? Has any DNA testing been done?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">