• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Intellectual Property - Radio Show?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? OHIO
I will try to make this as clear as possible.

I was doing a specialty radio show. This show I exclusive researched & developed, proposed to management, programmed, produced and did every single element involved in the production and broadcasting of this program. I even created the title of the show and all of the music used was mine. The only aspect of the show I was paid for was being on-air with it. Nothing extra.

When I first proposed this show, on my proposal I had language along the lines of 'all ideas on this page can not be used in anyway shape or form without permission of (my name)' (this is not the exact language, but hopefully you got the idea). When I proposed this show, I was a regular employee of the station and simply proposed this as something new and be more competitive with the other stations in town.

I recently left the station, essentially taking the show with me.

I was wondering, since I literally did all of the work and development for this show, is there anyway to prevent them from using any or all aspects of what was MY idea, creation and development for this show? They are currently not doing anything like that since I left, but the manager was comtemplating doing it with a new host (even though they don't have the music).

Any assistance you can give me, I'd appreciate it. Or anything that is not clear, please let me know.
Thanks! :)

K

krispenstpeter

When I proposed this show, I was a regular employee of the station and simply proposed this as something new and be more competitive with the other stations in town.
The above statement precludes any form of copyright on your part. In essence, you were an employee and as such, you cannot copyright an idea bought and paid for by your employer.

So, because I was an employee, they have "bought and paid" for the it -- even though I completely did all the work for it and not paid for the development, proposal, and weekly leg work for it? Plus I was an hourly employee and never under any contract or agreement of any kind.

Last edited:

anabanana

No, dumbass, that's what an EMPLOYEE is for. Unless you've got someone here on retainer, no one here has to search SQUAT for you. Sheesh.

Hey LOSER -- that would be you ANABANANA -- can you read? I guess not, so that would make you the dumbass!!

Did you happen to notice the "LOL" after what I wrote. So, it was not a serious comment, douche. Maybe you need a little listen in "Internet Speak 101" (immediately after my person "Foot Up Your Ass" class). If the people who responded to my original thread in the first place didn't think I was kidding around, then they would have responded.

It's morons like you that visit this forum that take away from the validity of it. Now, get back to work...the garbage can in the lobby of McDonald's is filling up. Way to go Law School Flunkie.

And don't act so tough behind your little alias of yours. It's people like you who think you can act so tough on this forum, flexing that modem muscle of yours, who wouldn't have the guts to say the same thing to people in their face. Wanna prove me wrong, you let me know and you can come to Ohio. We have some pretty nice hospitals close by.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">