• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

have I broken my probation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mantastic

What is the name of your state? maryland

after being speeding ticket-free for four years, i got a speeding ticket in nov 2003.

i then got another speeding ticket in feb 2004.

i went to court for the first ticket in mar 2004, pled guilty, got probation and reduced fine/no pts.

now i gotta go to court for the second ticket in apr.

since the probation was given after the second violation occurred, have i broken probation? what could happen if i plead guilty, which i am...

thanx!

K

krispenstpeter

and would you like to tell us how long you were sentenced to probation?

M

mantastic

they never told me and i didn't ask, but i would say its at least six months.

M

mantastic

i'm not really sure how to find out in time (my court date is tomorrow), but lets assume its a year. the question is, does it matter that the probation was issued after the second violation occurred...

K

krispenstpeter

How the hell should I know? First, you get a copy of your court order stipulating probation then come back here and type the relevant passage on the length word for word.

The fact that you waited until now to address this is not my problem. But I'm not going to guess.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">