• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

felony theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dossman

What is the name of your state? Washington state

I received a notice to appear at the dept. of corections for indentification procedure's. then later that day I see a judge. I am being charged with 1st degree theft (felony). It's been 1+ years since i was accused by my employer at the time for taking approx. 10 , 000 dollars. I did not take that amount but , i am guilty of about 3,000 dollars. A police det. that I am friends with (or so I thought ) along with the det. working the case questioned me at my home. They said it was off the record. I broke down to my friend and confessed to taking approx. 3,000 dollars. I then met with someone about a defferment program. I refused because they told me I would have to admit to taking the full amount ( $ 10,500 was what they told me) and disclose this to current and future employers. That was 1 year ago.....I have no criminal record and have always worked handling money. I made a mistake and i'm very remoursefull. I don't feel they can prove I took anything but , they can use my own statements (stupid me I know) against me. Other people had the same access as me and the bookkeeping is terrible. What should I do???????? any serious advice would be appreciated....thanks

Shay-Pari'e

You commited a criminal act, does it matter the amount you stole? There is no legal advice for you, it does not matter that it took a year for the case to be proven.

My Advice?

Learn a better way of life, whether you are convicted or not. The problem I saw in your post was that you made a excuse as to the amount you stole. What does it matter the amount? Do you think there is a clause in the law that allows you to steal from your employer if it is under a certain amount?

I will wait for that answer, and respond accordenly.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dossman said:
What is the name of your state? Washington state

Other people had the same access as me and the bookkeeping is terrible.

======================================

My response:

Apparently, the bookkeeping was good enough to catch your ass.

Suggestion: One-way ticket to old Mexico. If you don't, you'll be spending time with old Bubba.

IAAL

D

dossman

hey paradise......so if someone steals a hub cap then they should take punishment for stealing the whole car ????? Maybe 10grand is missing just cause i screwed up doesn't mean I should go down for everything thats missing in the books. Learn a better way of life you suggest.........ummmm like giving s**t advice to people in trouble. If thats a serious response then f**k you and this site!

D

dossman

As far as the other response. they weren't smart enough to catch my ass. I confessed! they started investigating cause there books showed $10 g's missing not because they caught me. I think i'm on a forum for really bad comedians. Atleast your sarcasim could be funny. all this good advice is overwhelming
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH

Shay-Pari'e

dossman said:
hey paradise......so if someone steals a hub cap then they should take punishment for stealing the whole car ????? Maybe 10grand is missing just cause i screwed up doesn't mean I should go down for everything thats missing in the books. Learn a better way of life you suggest.........ummmm like giving s**t advice to people in trouble. If thats a serious response then f**k you and this site!

Your not getting the point. It does not matter the amount.. I do not steal Hub Cap's or car's, but feel free to elaborate on the subjuct.

You got a serious response, it just was not what you wanted to hear, and I will not serve ice cream with responding to people like you.

Last edited:

calatty

They have solid proof: your confession. People will assume that if you'd steal $3,000, you'd steal $10,000, and you are unlikely to convince anyone otherwise.

D

dossman

thanks for your response CALATTY. I messed up by confessing like I did. You're right that most people would make that assumption. I'm hoping with no criminal record and the fact that i've always worked handling money people will look for evidence. I realize i'll probably have to plea bargain to avoid jail time.........
what do you think??????

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dossman said:
thanks for your response CALATTY. I messed up by confessing like I did. You're right that most people would make that assumption. I'm hoping with no criminal record and the fact that i've always worked handling money people will look for evidence. I realize i'll probably have to plea bargain to avoid jail time.........
what do you think??????

My response:

Like CalAtty said, "People will assume that if you'd steal $3,000, you'd steal $10,000, and you are unlikely to convince anyone otherwise."

"People" includes jurors.

Oh, no my friend. For $10,000.00 (whether you stole that much or not), you're going to the slammer for a long, long time. There's no "plea bargains" for you. They have your confession!

Before you go off to prison, you may want to get a hammer and start practicing how to make big rocks into little rocks. Those prison guards are very particular. Also, beside license plates, now you'll find out where the rest of us get our gravel from - - it's people like YOU making little rocks out of big rocks!

Say good-bye, criminal!

IAAL

D

dossman

i am always liable...........

i think it's more like i am always an ******* !!!!!!!
do u not have anything better to do than give smart ass responses to people who are in trouble. You must be perfect i wish i was more like you...........NOT
i'd rather be in jail than have my head so far up my ass that i get to chew my food twice. get a life

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dossman said:
i am always liable...........

i think it's more like i am always an ******* !!!!!!!
do u not have anything better to do than give smart ass responses to people who are in trouble. You must be perfect i wish i was more like you...........NOT
i'd rather be in jail than have my head so far up my ass that i get to chew my food twice. get a life

My response:

What's the matter? A little dose of reality is good for your soul - - which is going to hell in a handbasket - - and you're NOT going to get a pat on the back here. You're an admitted criminal.

By the way, who between the two of us, has the better chance of going to prison in the not-too-distant future - - you or me?

Get into reality!

Mexico is looking better and better, isn't it? Se habla Espanol?

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My further response:

Some suggested movies titles to see before you actually go off to the "pokey" - - this way, you'll know what to expect:

Ernest Goes to Jail

Cool Hand Luke

Escape from Alcatraz

Birdman of Alcatraz

The Shawshank Redemption

I Am a Fugitive From a Chain Gang (1932)

Take the Money and Run

IAAL

D

dossman

just so you know i've been reading the sentencing guidelines for my state. With no past convictions (for anything) and the fact that i'm not being charged with anything else means the max. i could get is 45 days in jail. Most likely it would be suspended and i'll get probation and a big ass fine to pay. Hope this didn't ruin your fun......

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dossman said:
just so you know i've been reading the sentencing guidelines for my state. With no past convictions (for anything) and the fact that i'm not being charged with anything else means the max. i could get is 45 days in jail. Most likely it would be suspended and i'll get probation and a big ass fine to pay. Hope this didn't ruin your fun......

My response:

You're obviously living in a drug-induced dream world. If you think the max you're going to receive is 45 days for having embezzled $10,000.00, then sweetheart, I wish you lots of luck.

It's going to be more like 45 MONTHS. You watch. When your sentence comes down, don't let your jaw hit the floor.

IAAL

D

dossman

Probably right if I had been charged with embezzlement. Theft 1 is way different than embezzlement but , you don't pay much attention to what people write you just gotta fire away with the retarded responses........I will not reply to you anymore although your whacked advice is making me and my friends laugh

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">