• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

There has to be something

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jfmcs

My ex-wife and my fiance's ex-husband used the same lawyer in the divorce to save money.
My fiance and ex have a son, 5 yrs old now, and he has sole custody of him. She loves her son so very much and he made her sign that she would not be around me with her son or she would lose her visitation priviledge. Then he moves to Tennessee from South Carolina with a 1 hr notice to her, taking her son. He remarries and treats his new wife like he did my fiance and she has left him too. He then calls fiance, tells her to move in with him and help raise their son together but all he wanted was a babysitter. He is in the middle of a divorce from 2nd wife and has a fiance ready to marry again. He is using my fiance's son as something to punish her with. Is there ANYTHING she can do to get custody of her son? When she and I marry, does that override the order for her not to have her son in my presence? They are in Tennessee.

He uses his son to tease and make her do things his way. This isn't exaggeration. She is scared to death to do anything because since he has "sole" custody, she is scared he will take off with her son again and she will never see him.

Help!

L

ldelagra

You need to understand what the courts look at in determining custody, Go to this website: http://www.childcustody.net/
It is written by an attorney but is written in plain English with examples of what each portion of the law means. There are a couple chapters on what "factors" the court looks at in deciding who gets custody and also what steps you need to take to put yourself in a position to win. I think you will find it very helpful.
Good luck

J

jfmcs

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ldelagra:
You need to understand what the courts look at in determining custody, Go to this website: http://www.childcustody.net/
It is written by an attorney but is written in plain English with examples of what each portion of the law means. There are a couple chapters on what "factors" the court looks at in deciding who gets custody and also what steps you need to take to put yourself in a position to win. I think you will find it very helpful.
Good luck
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you so much.

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jfmcs:
My fiance and ex have a son, 5 yrs old now, and he has sole custody of him. She loves her son so very much and he made her sign that she would not be around me with her son or she would lose her visitation priviledge. Then he moves to Tennessee from South Carolina with a 1 hr notice to her, taking her son. Help!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No one can be forced to sign something like this. She must has had a reason.

Anyway, she should have filed papers into court the moment she knew he was leaving the state without permission.

Since we do not know why he got custody in the first place, I can not comment about what the chances to change that original order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">