• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspensed Driving Privilege

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DWNNJ

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
Out of state license; ticketed in VA for reckless driving. Two month suspension of privilege to drive in VA finally up. Can I legally drive in VA now that the suspension is over or do I have to do something before I do? Have a trip to NC pending and want to be safe rather than sorry before traveling through VA.
Thanks!

K

krispenstpeter

And did it ever occur to you to call the court where the judgement was rendered to see if there are additional requirements needed?

DWNNJ

Kristpen

Actually it didn't since I'm not licensed in the state and there were no additional instructions given at the time when punishment was imposed. Initially to me, it was analogous to if one were ever suspended from school, once the suspension was over you come back to school. But point well taken if I wasn't sure but perhaps via this medium, someone may have had a similar situation which could quickly negate a call to the court.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">