• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

firstcome

I recently moved to Nevada from NY and I have custody of my 10 year old son and his father has visitation-one month in the summer.His visitation ended in July and he refuses to send him to me in Nevada.His father lives in North Carolina.Can he take it upon himself to change the visitation without going to court? What is the best thing to do in this situation ?
thank you
------------------
carol bhoorasingh

LegalBeagle

Get an attorney to file an ex-parte motion to have the child taken into care and returned to you. Then think about bringing kidnapping charges..

Then go to court and have the visitation and custody order changed.

First, to save money, you might want to give him 24 hours to return the child.. but if you think he is not going to, then file now before he does anything in the NC court to delay things.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">