• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

conspiracy to commit theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

szczesny

What is the name of your state? CO

i was accompanying a person who stole from target. he ran away when confronted by the security guard. the security guard took my license plate number and the next day i received a conspiracy to commit theft ticket. if i turn in the real thief, my charge will be dropped, but i'm not willing to turn him in. the officer who issued my ticket, discussed the case with my mom without my consent, and i am 19 years old. i did not conspire to steal anything; i even purchased a basketball from the store.

Shay-Pari'e

szczesny said:
What is the name of your state? CO

i was accompanying a person who stole from target. he ran away when confronted by the security guard. the security guard took my license plate number and the next day i received a conspiracy to commit theft ticket. if i turn in the real thief, my charge will be dropped, but i'm not willing to turn him in. the officer who issued my ticket, discussed the case with my mom without my consent, and i am 19 years old. i did not conspire to steal anything; i even purchased a basketball from the store.

He ran away? Apparently he got in your car.You made a very bad decision not turning in his name. This will now be on your record.

racer72

Is it worth having a police record for the rest of your life? You better think real hard in a scum sucking thief is worth f***ing up the rest of your life over.

K

krispenstpeter

can you say "OHHHHH BUBBA, that feels SOOOOOO good" :D

S

szczesny

is there anybody who actually gives real legal advice, or just a bunch of jerks who have nothing better to do than hang out at advice forums? i was charged with CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT THEFT. i did not conspire to commit theft at any time. the kid did get in my car, but the security guard came right up to the car and said, "you're lucky, you got away this time; but, i'm taking down your license plate number in case you decide to come back." he was speaking to the thief, but it was my license plates. it's not my job to stop anyone from stealing from target. i could use some real advice because the cop discussed the case with my mom, and i know that is illegal. **** all you lame losers. someone please give me real advice.

A

ALLISHA

I think that your best bed would be to turn the friend in. If he was any kind of a friend he would have turned himself in when hearing about your problem. If you still do not want to turn him in, there isn't much you can do. This friend has just gotten you in trouble. The only hope that you have is to talk to a lawyer, but i can't garentee there is much they can do for you.

racer72

Back up there buckaroo, the advice I gave is the exact same thing any lawyer will tell you. They could charge you with aiding and abetting, that is a felony and could land you in jail. You helped someone commit a crime, that is conspiracy. Someone is being nice and only charging you with a misdemeanor. You want some real legal advice, you better pony up the bucks for an attorney. And don't be surprise when you are told the exact same thing I wrote in my first post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">