• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son passed bad check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mimille

What is the name of your state? California

My son wrote a bad business check. Now this woman is suing me in small claims court. I've never engaged in business with her. I want to protect myself, but I don't want to incriminate my son. What do I do?

Shay-Pari'e

mimille said:
What is the name of your state? California

My son wrote a bad business check. Now this woman is suing me in small claims court. I've never engaged in business with her. I want to protect myself, but I don't want to incriminate my son. What do I do?
I gather your son is not a minor in order to be writing business checks. That leads to this question.........Why are you being sued again? If you are on the same account as your son, then you did do business with her.

BL

I want to protect myself, but I don't want to incriminate my son. What do I do?

The bad check is incriminating in itself.

There is no way around it.

Contact the other Party and see if you all can settle the matter with Legal Funds .

JETX

No one can answer you properly (though they might have tried) without the following:
1) How old is your son?
2) Assuming your son is NOT a minor, what is the financial and legal connection, if any, between you and your son??

M

mimille

my son is not a minor. I have no business connection with him. I don't know why this woman is suing me over this.

M

mimille

There is no financial connection either. I am in no way tied to him financially or in business. I am not on the account.

BL

My son wrote a bad business check. Now this woman is suing me in small claims court. I've never engaged in business with her. I want to protect myself, but I don't want to incriminate my son. What do I do? [ quote ]

I guess you'll have to show up and say you have nothing to do with this matter.

The check was written how ? From: TO :

Do the checks have your name on them at all ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">