• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abstract of Judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Anyone there???

What is the name of your state? CA

I have an Abstract of Judgment for $8,000 in restitution that is to be paid to me (I am the victim). I know that I can place a wage garnishment and a lien on any assets he may own, but does anyone know anything further about this process. Do I just send the court signed and stamped Abstract of Judgment to his employer?

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Hey JETX - could you help me out here?

I have a PI getting me the employer info, I want to be ready to garnish his wages as soon as I find him. I've had the restitution put onto a CR-110 form and this includes the Abstract of Judgment. Is there anything else I need to do or can I send the Abstract of Judgment to the employer and wait for the checks to roll in?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">