• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Like sands through the hourglass...so are the days of our lives!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kathleen00

If you read my earlier post, you know that I was seeking advice about whether to call dads bluff on the proposal he gave me. If not, then let me briefly explain. 14yr old went to live w/dad last yr. Decided he didn't like it, wants to return. Dad proposed that son return w/out a court case if I agreed to reduce child support to $350 mo. for four children. He also wanted me to clear him of all arrearage to the tune of 8 grand. I decided to call his bluff as attorney advised after getting advice from this board as well. To make this long story short, Dad physically abused wife, choked son and disconnected phone, called dad's mom to try and get info on how to reach him, was told they moved! NO FORWARDING ADDRESS! We are under a TEMP order. I agreed to allow child to move there last summer even though it was one of the hardest decisions as a parent to make because I thought it was the right thing to do. Now what? Dad lives three states away..I am extremely worried about what is happening now. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

J

Jamie Clark

Go back to court, get him for kidnappng. Sue him for your legal fees, and anything else you can get him for. Sounds like you've got a winner. I sympathize and understand. You need to get your son out of there! Best of Luck, my thoughts are with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">