• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MY RIGHTS TO DNA?!?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

ldbakers

Even though "legally" married at the time, my x-wife and I were separated 3mths. and living apart when she became pregnant. She told me at first it was mine, then changed her story and said it wasn't mine and we went through with a divorce?! She left with the child for three yrs. and now that she is remarried she wants ME to sign rights for adoption over to her new husband! I have DEMANDED DNA for these 3 yrs. My name is not on the birth certificate(but the child has my name) and I believe(as she has sworn to me) the child is not mine?! However, because we were married at the time of conseption I'm considered the "father"- I have refused to sign ANYTHING til DNA is done, in all fairness for myself, the REAL father, and this child(for future relationship and medical purposes). I am right in this!?! I feel I should ATLEAST be allowed DNA before ANYTHING regarding this child's future is settled upon!! please respond a.s.a.p(court date soon!!) THANKS FOR YOUR TIME- GREATLY APPRECIATED. LARRY

S

SHAWNA2000

make sure to go the court date!!! Go to the court house and see if there are papers to file a contestment. Make sure you go to the court date, and be on time. Judges hate when you are late. It shows that you are irresponsible. Good luck. Don't do this out of spite. If you want nothing to do with this child let them adopt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">