• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm hurting!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cheatedinark

What is the name of your state? Arkansas. I've been divorced for 15 months. We shared a lawyer that i obtained and he eventually paid half for. I visited the attorney on my free initial consultation and told him that we were both agreeable to the divorce and what my husband was proposing. The lawyer stated that the division was not fair to me and asked to speak to my husband to see if we could come to a reasonable agreement. I agreed. The next time I saw the attorney, my husband and I sat with him and reviewed the papers. I feel that he never consulted me on our martial property, assests, or debt. He advised me to sign a Waiver of Service and Entry of appearance, which i did. I signed our Property Settlement Agreement not knowing what my children and I were entitled to. I recieved custody of the 2 children, $250.00 a month in child support, $3500.00 in a lump sum alimony payment. He kept the house which i now realize that i was entitled to the $30,000.00 in equity and half of his 401k. I was a stay at home mom for almost 6 years with our children and he was the primary provider during our marriage. We did have a substantial amount of debt which was approx. $45,000.00. I recieved a deviated child support amount based on the marital debt. Do i have grounds to pursue legal action against the attorney who performed our divorce on grounds of breach of the Professional Conduct Rules?? I need to provide for my children in excess than his $250.00 provides. His annual income for 2003 was $45,000.00. Please Help!!!!!

C

cheatedinark

Unsure if the nature of my question is actually Divorce related or general litigation, better cover the bases!!

K

krispenstpeter

If the regulars see that you have posted in two different forums the same question your responses will be NILL. If we think it belongs in another forum we'll tell you so you can move it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">