• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property and Custody Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stepmom2

My husband and I live in AL. He and his ex
bought a mobile home while they were married,
but only his name was on the loan. In their
divorce decree the home was conveyed to her for which it states that she is responsible for the outstanding obligation owed on it.
Of course she also got custody of their daughter, and almost everything else they had. Now she has defaulted on the loan, let
the home be repossessed and moved several times. My husband has been served a summons
by the Attorney of the credit company and are
now trying to sue him for the balance, thousands of dollars. We can't afford an Attorney, but we do have the court order that she is responsible. Does anyone know of
a case similar to this or what the law is in AL concerning this type of situation? Also, she has recently moved out of state with my
stepdaughter and they are living in a camper
behind the ex-wife's father's house. My
husband and I really want custody of his
daughter, but since we can't afford an attorney we don't know where to start with
the court petition or if we even have a chance? Any comments would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">