• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

KEEPING A BABY GIRL WHERE SHE BELONGS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DANNI2020

HERES MY STORY MY MOTHER IN LAW TAKES CARE OF HER GREAT GRANDDAUGHTER.SHE IS NOW 1 YEARS OLD MY MOTHER IN LAW HAS HAD HER SINCE SHE WAS ABOUT 3MONTHS OLD.THE FATHER AND MOTHER SPLIT UP SHE HAS SOME PSCHOLOGICAL PROBLEMS.SHE SAID SHE DID NOT WANT THE BABY AND LEFT HIM,HE HAD T0 WORK SO HE LET THE GRANDMA TAKE CARE OF HER TILL HE GOT ON HIS FEET HE WORKED THREE JOBS AND STARTED SAVING.OUT OF NO WHERE THE MOTHER POPS BACK UP SO HE TAKES HER BACK BUT WITH IN A WEEK SHE WAS READY TO TAKE OFF SO HE GOT HER TO SIGN OVER HER RIGHTS BUT HE NEVER FILED IT LEGALLY.ALL THIS TIME MY MOTHER IN LAW HAS HAD THE BABY AND SUPPORTED HER.THE MOTHER TOTALLY KNOWING THIS IS WHERE THE BABY WAS AT.SHE NOW FILED A ORDER FOR HER BACK AND WE HAVE TO GIVE HER BACK TONIGHT.PLEASE IF ANY BODY KNOWS WHAT WE CAN DO LEGALLY TO KEEP THIS BABY BACK HOME THIS MOTHER DOES NOT WANT HER FOR ANY REASON OTHER TO COLLECT WELFARE SHE IS VERY UNSTABLE AS SOON AS SHE GETS BURNED OUT ON BEING A MOM AGAIN SHELL TAKE OFF AGAIN AND WHO KNOWS WHO WILL HAVE HER THIS TIME.THE BABY DOES NOT EVEN KNOW HER.PPLEASE HELP WE HAVE A HEARING IN 2 WEEKS SHE FILED FALSE REPORTS SAYING THE DAD BEATS HER AND YELL WHEN SHE CRYS THE MISTAKE SHE MADE WAS SHE PUT DATES AS TO WHEN THIS HAPPENED AND THE BABY WAS NOT ANY WHERE NEAR EITHER ONE OF THEM.SHE CLAIMS TO HAVE HAD THIS BABY ALL THIS TIME.BUT SHE HAS NOT EVEN SEEN HER IN MONTHS.HOW CAN WE PROVE THIS IN COURT AND SHOW THE COURT SHE BELONGS WITH THE GRANDMOTHER AND FATHER.HELP

L

lillian

Your message is more than 24 hours old, and I don't know what happened yesterday, but regardless, the father needs a lawyer. Its unfortunate that permanant guardianship papers weren't filed already. If the parents weren't married, the father probably should file his paternity with the court, and definitely establish a vistitation schedule. He can make sure that Grandma's relationship with baby remains intact, keep an eye on mom's situation, and also if your instincts are right and the mom gives her up again, she won't be able to re-place baby without his consent. If she used false information to get emergency custody without a hearing that Dad was noticed to appear at, his lawyer might be able to set her original petition for hearing so the judge can appoint a social worker, or guardian ad leitem, or order a home study to compare living situations before assigning permanant custody. I've been in a very similar situation for a long time and these are things that we've been able to do. I know its hard. good luck to your family

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">