• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

babyface

I'm in the middle of a divorce, just lost my job of one month & I need to pay my lawyer, but don't have the money, what can I do in this matter.I told my lawyer secretary about it. I gave him a retainer fee, but now everything is in limb bow. My husband makes 6 times my salary. There is property involve, but the house is in name only. The did help keep up the value of the house, would I be entiled to anything from the house? Also is he entiled to my pension plan when I retired? He has used up the money that was in both names on an account. Would I be entiled to alimoney in this case even though it was denied due to my former lawyer coming to the court hearing unprepared with any information to back me up in the case. I was so upset with the whole matter that I had to let him go and find another lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">