• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to have ex declared a vexatious litigant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

railrider

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Does anyone know the steps to take to have someone declared a vexatious litigant? My ex has files over 50 bogus charges on me. all dismissed. all requesting the same thing..to have visitations removed. after every visit, something else is filed. GAL, and counselor both agree that I am doing everything I should be doing that there is no reason for this litigation. How do I have ex declared a vexatious litigant, who do I request this from? what papers do I have to file? can't take this anymore.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

railrider said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia

Does anyone know the steps to take to have someone declared a vexatious litigant? My ex has files over 50 bogus charges on me. all dismissed. all requesting the same thing..to have visitations removed. after every visit, something else is filed. GAL, and counselor both agree that I am doing everything I should be doing that there is no reason for this litigation. How do I have ex declared a vexatious litigant, who do I request this from? what papers do I have to file? can't take this anymore.

My response:

We don't do "How do I do it" and "What are the steps" type questions. Doing so would amount to legal representation, and we can't represent you from the Internet.

However, you may want to visit your local law library (at your nearest college that teaches law) and look up the laws and the proper Motion for vexatious litigation.

Good luck.

IAAL

railrider

let me rephrase the question

Does anyone know of a law, code, case I can cite, etc, whereby someone can be declared a vexatious litigant in Virginia? I know California has this device, but I can't seem to find anything on VA in my research. Thanks.

K

krispenstpeter

Re: let me rephrase the question

railrider said:
Does anyone know of a law, code, case I can cite, etc, whereby someone can be declared a vexatious litigant in Virginia? I know California has this device, but I can't seem to find anything on VA in my research. Thanks.
How about a 25 second search on the internet?

Geez guy, IAAL told you how to do this but if you would just use some initiative you wouldn't even have to leave your chair.

Out of the 237,000 hits I got by using the term "virginia vexatious litigant definition" this is but ONE example.

In determining whether the FDIC criminal referrals or the Prosecution was vexatious, the Court must first look to the definition of the term. In defining this term, the Court FINDS that words, "unless otherwise defined, will be interpreted as taking their ordinary, contemporary, common meaning," Perrin v. United States, 444 U.S. 37, 42, 100 S.Ct. 311, 62 L.Ed.2d 199 (1979). According to Merriam-Webster, [FN22] "vexatious is defined as 'causing or likely to cause vexation ... lacking justification and intended to harass.' " "Vexation" is defined as "agitation, annoyance ... harassment by process of law." [FN23] Any prosecution usually "causes or is likely to cause ... agitation or annoyance," and the Court FINDS that to be the case here. Therefore the Court's analysis will focus upon whether the prosecution was "lacking justification ... intended to harass ... and harassment by process of law."

M

max_rob

This is what I did

My ex was doing much the same thing. I finally asked the judge for legal fees, which was not normally given in these kinds of hearings, since the bogus motions where giving me a financial hatdship. The judge decided in my favor and did so about 5 more times. It was after this that she finally stopped doing it. I still have some issues with her, but it was dramatically reduced.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">