• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wits End

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

POOLIS

I am 32 years old and the father of a wonderful 11 year old boy. I separated from my X 5 years ago and filed for divorce. I wanted to stay active in raising my son, not just someone who forked over child support and let his mother do all the homework, doctors'/dentist visits, etc. I've been a NYC Police Officer for the past 10 years and sought a steady tour of duty that would enable me to be be off duty in time to be able to pick up my son after school and care for him (homework, dinner, after school activities, etc)until his mother was done working for the day. My X fought me on this and refused to let me see my son for months at a time until a Judge decided in my favor and I was able to establish a routine and care for my son on a daily basis. After failing to legally prevent me from gaining a fair visitation/custody arrangement, my X has found a new avenue to interfere with my parental rights: she has made countless FALSE allegations against me with my employers (the New York City Police Dept). Each allegation that has been made against me has been proven false, yet never have any of the complaints i have made and have backed up with proof and eyewitnesses been addressed. I have documented every nutty thing she has done and said, including providing tapes of threats she has left on my answering machine, complaint reports and eyewitness accounts to acts of violence and harassment she has committed upon me. However my protests have fallen on deaf ears and my civil and parental rights have been trampled upon by my X, and her efforts facilitated by the NYPD. Even though as I stated every allegation she has made has been dismissed, I am now in the midst of again being investigated for something bogus as I write this. Even though I have no doubt I will be found innocent of any wrong doing in this manner by the NYPD, I have been ordered not to call or make any contact with my son, regardless of my VALID court ordered visitation/custody agreement or face severe disiplinary action. The latest allegation is that I kicked down my X's door and threw her to the ground when I went to pick up my son. Eyewitnesses to the incident confirmed my account of what transpired and no evidense to the contrary existed (no physical injury OR property damage). However my X's cries of wolf were entertained and even though I have taken this boy to the doctor when he's sick or injured and barber when he needs a hair-cut and been to every little league practice and game and every swim meet he's had and every cub scout meeting and every after bowling match, parent-teacher conference, dental appointment, chess tournament, awards ceremony, school play and all the school projects and reports we've worked on together and even though his mother could not be bothered with ANY of these things, it has not mattered one bit because my son's birthday passed last week and I could not even call him on the phone to wish him a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY". The only transgressions I can be found guilty of are that I married young and that I married the wrong person, that I wanted to start a new life for myself and still be a part of my child's life and I committed the great sin of re-marrying 3 months ago (to a wonderful woman who has been nothing but kind and loving to my son and who he has loved in return).
I don't have the financial resources for more lawyers and down and dirty and drawn out legal fights. I've been served with an order of protection against me and papers to appear before a judge to have my visitation altered. I don't get it......I've been there for my child on a daily basis for his whole life, I've NEVER held back one cent on child support, I've repeatedly had my visitation and custodial rights violated and denied and I'm the one who has to defend himself.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Nice story. Thanks for unloading. Is that all you wanted, Officer, or was there a specific question you had in mind?

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">